Questions to consider
when thinking about abortion.
Making a decision about what to do regarding your pregnancy is a very personal choice. There are no right or wrong answers. By exploring each option thoroughly, you will gain clarity about what choice feels best to you. Following are questions to consider about abortion, and abortion resources.
- Before you were pregnant, what were your impressions of abortion based on your values cultural/religious/spiritual beliefs?
- What additional information would you like to have about abortion in exploring this choice?
- Do you have information about the types of abortion, including the procedures and costs?
- What are the pros and cons of choosing abortion?
- How might you feel after making this decision?
- What emotional support will you have?
- What are the expectations of your family and community?
- What is your relationship like with the father? Will he be involved? If so, in what ways?
- What do you hope your life looks like in five years?
- Planned Parenthood. The nation’s leading sexual and reproductive health care provider and advocate.
- Cedar Rivers Clinics. Providing compassionate reproductive health care, birth control, and abortions for over 30 years. Located in Renton, Seattle and Tacoma, WA.
- Seattle Medical and Wellness Clinic. Dedicated to preserving reproductive freedom and providing a safe space for women to make informed choices about their health.
- Guttmacher Institute. Sexual and reproductive health research, policy analysis and public education.
- Ibis Reproductive Health. Information resources for sexual and reproductive rights and health.
- Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH). Reproductive health care and policy.
- Pregnancy Options Info. Guides and workbooks that provide information on pregnancy options.
- Backline. Free confidential talk line for women to discuss their feelings about pregnancy options without judgment.