Questions to consider
when thinking about adoption.
OA&FS adoptee Charley with birthmother Aunna.
Making a decision about what to do regarding your pregnancy is a very personal choice. There are no right or wrong answers. By exploring each option thoroughly, you will gain clarity about what choice feels best to you.
- Before you were pregnant, what were your impressions of adoption based on your values and cultural/religious/spiritual beliefs?
- What additional information would you like to have about adoption in exploring this choice?
- Do you know what open adoption is? What qualities would you be seeking in an adoptive family? What would you want your relationship with them to look like?
- What are the pros and cons of choosing adoption?
- How might you feel after making this decision?
- What emotional support will you have?
- What are the expectations of your family and community?
- What is your relationship like with the father? Will he be involved? If so, in what ways?
- What do you hope your life looks like in five years?
- Myths and facts about open adoption.
- About the open adoption program.
- Steps to plan an open adoption.
- Stories on video.