Questions to consider
when thinking about adoption.
OA&FS adoptee Charley with birthmother Aunna.
Making a decision about what to do regarding your pregnancy is a very personal choice. There are no right or wrong answers. By exploring each option thoroughly, you will gain clarity about what choice feels best to you. Following are questions to consider about adoption, and adoption resources.
- Before you were pregnant, what were your impressions of adoption based on your values and cultural/religious/spiritual beliefs?
- What additional information would you like to have about adoption in exploring this choice?
- Do you know what open adoption is? What qualities would you be seeking in an adoptive family? What would you want your relationship with them to look like?
- What are the pros and cons of choosing adoption?
- How might you feel after making this decision?
- What emotional support will you have?
- What are the expectations of your family and community?
- What is your relationship like with the father? Will he be involved? If so, in what ways?
- What do you hope your life looks like in five years?
- Myths and facts about open adoption.
- About the open adoption program.
- Steps to plan an open adoption.
- Stories on video.